Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some old things!

This is the curio cabinet in my greatroom! It has a lot of my Precious Moments in it.
Most of them were from my hubby when we first got married. Then I stopped collecting
them and moved on to angels and then on to something else...lol
The doll was brought to me from my youngest sister when she went to Germany. The
other two dolls were gifts from a neighbor. The oriental tea set was my Grandma's.
It is very pretty and I love the gold trim on it. She went through a period of ordering
tons of things off QVC and that was one of her purchases. This weekend my daughter is
getting ready to go to away band camp and then when she comes home on the 8th
she has to get her tonsils out! After years of strep and tonsilitis they finally decided to
take them out and I think that is a good thing since next year she will be going away to
college...sniff, sniff. Have a great weekend!








11 comments:

Connie said...

Yep, sweetpea, we just start new collections when we get tired of the old or find just ONE THING we can't live without and then more and more and more........ It just never ends, does it, sweet chick???!!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a sweet cabinet, filled with wonderful memories!
Penny

A Hint of Home said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
You have some pretty things on yours today. I love the cabinet they are in.
Wishing the best for your daughters surgery.

kattz*cottage said...

Hi Joy!
Your dolls are Adorable! Your cabinet looks so pretty & the teaset is so unique & just gorgeous! Good luck to your daughter!

Kathy

Jan said...

Love your cabinet! Love more all the beautiful things in it! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Wishing your daughter a quick recovery from her surgery!
Take care!
Jan

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What wonderful treasures.

Grammy Staffy said...

Collections make such sweet memories. I used to collect Precious Moments too. They really are "precious" to me. My hubby still gives me one from time to time.... but not so often now that they cost $50 to $100 dollars instead of the $8.00 to $12 they started out in the 80's.

Tell your daughter good luck at band camp... (my son-in-law is a high school band director and is starting band camp today also)... and good luck with her surgery.

Lavinia said...

You have some lovely treasures and they are quite beautifully displayed. Nice to know the background of your pieces too!

Kathi said...

Your things are so pretty. Thank you Joy, for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you. Terrie is a sweetie. Kathi

Kathi said...

Your things are so pretty. Thank you Joy, for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you. Terrie is a sweetie. Kathi

Christie said...

This curio is gorgeous and I love the pretties that you have too!

xoxo,
Queenie!