Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov 2nd - Book Blogger Hop

From the Crazy for Books blog:

this week's question from Fake Steph.com
 
Is there a book that has been languishing on your TBR pile even though you spent months anticipating its release?      
 
         
 
 
My answer:
 
So many I can't even list them all. But some are ARC's that I really need to
dig out.  Also there are whole series that I have been wanting to read like
Nora Roberts latest series. Also I am behind in the Catherine Coulter
FBI series.
One of the ARC's I really want to get to is Chris Bohjalian's
Sandcastle Girls.  I really loved the last book of his that I read
Night Strangers.  If you get a chance and you like paranormal
stories I would highly recommed it.
 
 
 
 
     The Sandcastle Girls
 
 
taken from Amazon: 
The Sandcastle Girls is a sweeping historical love story steeped in Chris Bohjalian's Armenian heritage.
When Elizabeth Endicott arrives in Aleppo, Syria she has a diploma from Mount Holyoke, a crash course in nursing, and only the most basic grasp of the Armenian language. The year is 1915 and she has volunteered on behalf of the Boston-based Friends of Armenia to help deliver food and medical aid to refugees of the Armenian genocide. There Elizabeth becomes friendly with Armen, a young Armenian engineer who has already lost his wife and infant daughter. When Armen leaves Aleppo and travels south into Egypt to join the British army, he begins to write Elizabeth letters, and comes to realize that he has fallen in love with the wealthy, young American woman who is so different from the wife he lost.
Fast forward to the present day, where we meet Laura Petrosian, a novelist living in suburban New York. Although her grandparents' ornate Pelham home was affectionately nicknamed "The Ottoman Annex," Laura has never really given her Armenian heritage much thought. But when an old friend calls, claiming to have seen a newspaper photo of Laura's grandmother promoting an exhibit at a Boston museum, Laura embarks on a journey back through her family's history that reveals love, loss - and a wrenching secret that has been buried for generations.
 
 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I do enjoy Chris Bohjalian's books.

I personally haven't seen too much about this one, but I am sure there has been a lot of discussion about it.

Thanks for your great post.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/book-blogger-hop-112-118.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my Friday Hop! I heard Sandcastle Girls is excellent. New follower =)