Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5th




Blue Monday Meme @ Smiling Sally's Blog


Sorry friends I have been kind of MIA lately.
I found out I have two auto-immune diseases.
One is Alopecia Aereta and the other is Diabetes.
Two of my siblings have Diabetes and so did my Paternal
Grandma so I am familiar with the disease but it sure
isn't anything I wanted along with everything else.
I also have Psoriatic Athritis  and Sciatica.
How did I get so lucky you ask?  I have no clue.
I had never heard of Alopecia but started losing massive
amounts of hair and have about six bald patches so far on my scalp.
My hair is shoulder length so many of the patches are covered up so far.
But I will probably have to wear a cap or wig soon to work.
So with all this going on my Dad is back in the hospital. He has
fluid on his lungs, kidneys not doing good and he has Alzheimers
He is so sad and confused and it is so hard on my Mom leaving him
in the hospital at night.
On a bright note we went to the St Louis Botanical Gardens Garden Glow.
Here are a few photos I shot. It was so cold out and I forgot my camera
so didn't take many photos but it was truly beautiful!








7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Hi Joy,

I'm so very sorry to hear of these problems. I don't know much about Alopecia, but I have Diabetes.

Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!

Shannon said...

Sounds like it's been rough... But we're still here! Hope things start booking up soon.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Joy,
Beautiful blues here today!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Sure not the way your new year.
I'll pray for you and your family.
warmly,
deb

Jeanne said...

Dear Joy, I am so sorry you have had health problems to deal with. Then on top of that, your dad not well. Sometimes life is hard but you have a good positive attitude and with all the problems you are facing, you need it. You have my prayers dear.

Love your blues at Christmas time. A happy note to enjoy.

Wishing you and yours healing in the new year. Our health is so important and we tend to take it for granted.

Note: I have thinning hair because of a thyroid condition and I am taking a vitamin called Biotin. It has made a big difference in my hair. Sally told me about it.

Big hugs,
Jeanne

Joyce M. said...

How are you feeling and is the deep cold bothering you? I'm still on the Orencia , feeling decent.

Curtains in My Tree said...


Hello

I seen a comment of yours on another blog and wanted to say hi since I am in Columbia Mo just up the interstate from you.
sorry about your new illness and also that your dad has Alzheimer I am very familiar with that disease

Janice