Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy 4th of July 2015


Smiling Sally's Blue Monday Meme

I am not a big fan of all the noise around our neighborhood
during the month before or during 4th of July weekend but
I do enjoy 4th of July parties and legal firework displays!
St. Louis has some of the best of those in my opinion...lol
I decorated my mantel with a few patriotic things this week.
I got all of it on sale at Kohl's or Michael's.
We got a slow start decorating this month but oh well. I have
been spending a lot of time with my Mom since she
lost my Dad a few weeks ago. So much paperwork, it is mind
boggling. Luckily one of my sister's is retired and has been doing
a lot of the calls and paperwork. 
What are you doing to celebrate the 4th of July this year?







What are you doing to celebrate the 4th of July this year?




8 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Hi Joy,

I like your patriotic mantel.

Your mom is fortunate to have help with all of the paperwork. What a shame that during such a painful time, this demands so much time and energy.

Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

Happy Blue Monday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your mantle looks beautiful. And I know your Mom appreciates the help you give her too. Not sure what we'll do for the holiday. Stay safe my friend. Hugs, Diane

Leovi - La FotografĂ­a Efectista Abstracta said...

Yes, beautiful ornaments, wonderful design!

Melinda said...

The holiday came up fast I think.
We will go to a parade in the morning
and then to friends for an evening BBQ.

M : )

Clairejustine oxox said...

These are lovely, Happy 4th July :)

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Joy,
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Love your Patriotic Mantle!!

Hugs,
Deb

Marie C said...

So sorry to hear about your family's loss. The photo of the Capitol, arch & fireworks is awesome! Love your mantle decorations too. Hope it isn't too noisy this coming week where you are...I know it will be here! I'm dreading that part. :-)

bookbunny68 said...

Very pretty. Does Diamond mind the fireworks?