Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What people are reading...

Top Selling Fiction

according to Entertainment Weekly

Have you read any or plan to read any of these?

Books: Best Selling Fiction

Chart of the top 10 best selling fiction books.
1 Best Friends Forever Jennifer Weiner, Atria 1 (weeks on chart)
2 Black Hills Nora Roberts, Putnam 1
3 Swimsuit James Patterson and Maxine Paetro; Little, Brown 2
4 Finger Lickin' Fifteen Janet Evanovich, St. Martin's 3
5 The Doomsday Key James Rollins, Morrow 3
6 Rain Gods James Lee Burke; Simon & Schuster 1
7 The Apostle Brad Thor, Atria 2
8 The Devil's Punchbowl Greg Iles, Scribner 1
9 The Help Kathryn Stockett, Putnam/Amy Einhorn 6
10 Dead and Gone Charlaine Harris, Ace

The only one I have read so far is The Swimsuit by James Patterson and Maxine
Paetro.. very fast moving Suspense a bit on the morbid side for me but still
kept my attention.

I plan to read The Help and Black Hills. Plus,I am going to look into Best Friends
Forever by Jennifer Weiner. I have also put a reserve on the first in
the Charlaine Harris, Sookie series.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Joy...I haven't read any either, but have Swimsuit in my huge to read pile....I need to get busy. Hugs, Linda

Barb said...

Hi Joy, you are so good about keeping us up to date. Love it.

Think about joining the Rooster Party....I would LOVE to have you!

Hugs, Barb

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I've also spend some time reading this summer. I've read as many "LaVyrle Spencer" books as I can find. I know they are terribly outdated but I love her "clean" approach to finding romance :0)
I'm a Nora Roberts fan too so I think I'll check out Black Hills.
Hope you are enjoying your summer. I'm back after a long hiatus (due to puter issues) and I'm trying to reconnect. Hope all is well. How's that beadboard backsplash holding up?

KBeau said...

Only one I've read so far is "The Help." I have "BFFE," "Swimsuit," and "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" in my stack of books to read.

a Pocket Angel said...

My Daughter has given me the entire Charlaine Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" series books to read.
So far I've made it to book #6.
I like them but I've enjoyed the Twilight book series better..
Enjoy your reading! ~Mary~ :-}