Monday, October 6, 2008

"My Favorite Things Monday"





Sarah from Everyday Elegance has invited me to "My Favorite Things Monday" inspired by the Sound of Music!

So I would have to say that my dog Salsa is one of my favorite things. She is going to be

ten years old soon! I can't believe it. She keeps me company now that my teenagers

are gone so much and follows me all over the house as I do my chores.

She is part beagle and part Australian Cattledog and we adopted her at a petsmart

adoption day when she was about 5 months old. She was abandoned along with her littermate

out on a lonely highway. Someone found her and fostered her until she could find a home.

I even have a web page just for Salsa if you want to check it out.

11 comments:

Carla said...

Yea Salsa! Pets just find a way into our hearts don't they? Especially when your humanbabies aren't under foot any more! She is a beauty!

Mindy said...

Awww, what a sweetie!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I sure can understand how your sweet Salsa is one of your favorites! I love my dog, Buck, also--he has brought so much fun and happy times to the Teeny Tiny Cabin. He is on of my very favorite things too!
Blessings to You!
Claudia O.

MIMILEE said...

Oh, Salsa, is so precious! I will check her very own website. Dogs are just wonderful , aren't they??

Blessings!

santamaker said...

Yes, I agree! I would list my little yorkie as my favorite thing also...your Salsa is so cute. Thanks for comin to my open house!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Your little Salsa is adorable! I went back a few posts and saw Salsa with the cat waiting for "Dad" to come home. So glad you snapped a photo of that. Also, your Halloween decorations are very cute. I love the pumpkin tablecloth!!
Happy Fall,
M.L.

CIELO said...

Salsa is such a cute name for a dogie... does she know how to salsa dance? :)

May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you...

cielo

Linda said...

Oh, Salsa is a sweetheart. I can understand why she is a favorite. We have a rescue dog too....they are the best. Hugs, Linda

p.s. I'm popping over to Salsa's page.

Linda said...

Hi Joy, all Salsa's pictures are too cute and I love her ribbon. I tried to sign the guestbook but had site problems...hugs, Linda

Lavinia said...

Salsa is so beautiful...and what a cute name. Looks like a big personality dog too. Very expressive face. I went to Salsa's web page....Buddy and Max are cute too. I tried to sign the guestbook but it wouldn't open. Oh well!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a sweet dog. Our Heidi is 9. Like your Salsa,she is one of our family.

Good pets are such a blessing.
Thanks for sharing Salsa with us.