Friday, September 18, 2009




Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
*Ice Chips... I know they are bad for my teeth!

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
*No way, I work for the library :)

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
*I have a collection of bookmarks so I grab one to use.

Laying the book flat open?
Sometimes

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Both, mostly fiction

Hard copy or audiobooks?
*Both

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?

*I like to end at a chapter if I can stay awake that long..

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
8Usually use implied meaning or google it..

What are you currently reading?
*Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris (audio)
And
Breaking Loose by Tara Janzen (pbk)

What is the last book you bought?
*The Eldest for my son,

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
*I am usually working on one audio and one paperback or hardback at a time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
*On the couch at night and sometimes in the bathtub. If the weather is nice I read outdoors.


Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
*I get caught up in series but prefer stand alones.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
James Patterson, Nicholas Sparks, Debbie Macomber... and many, many more.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
*I don’t they are stacked all over the place. I have them on shelves in the basement,
In my coffee table drawers, on my nightstand and on my computer desk. I am a mess!

Thanks to Bookish Worm for posting this on her blog.

7 comments:

Connie said...

I am a voracious reader! If I take a break from cleaning house, crafting, sewing, blogging, I have a book in my face and am snacking on pretzels and Pepsi, sugar!! Love to read. Both my kids do also.
xoxo,
Connie

Dinah said...

Thanks for the visit Joy! I hope you enjoy answering the meme as much as i did!

blushing rose said...

I am stocking up on books for my winter reading ... love history & relife stories ... CASHEWS!

Have a great weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

A Southern Rose said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I like your blog. I love to read too. I just finished my first Debbie Macomber book and I loved it. It was called 16 Lighthouse Road. Now I'm reading the second one called 204 Rosewood Lane. I guess I'm hooked now! I love her writing! I also love Nicholas Sparks. Another good writer is Emily Grayson. Have you read her books yet? The Gazebo is a very good one. Nice to meet you.
Come by and visit again.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh yes my dear, I snack and mark while I read! It takes me twice the time to read a book because I am dog-earing and marking! Great post Joy! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This Ozarks farm chick loves the crunchy salty snack of popcorn as I read. It goes with the movie I'm creating in my mind.

I enjoyed my stop in your blog this afternoon. I loved your fall pics.

Have a most blessed weekend!!!

kattz*cottage said...

Loved reading this post! I love to read & just started Nicholas Sparks "The Lucky One" - passed on to me from my dad! I use a paper clip to mark the exact line where I stop so I always know where to start reading when I pick it back up!

Kathy