Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Monday what are you reading?




It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event to celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week. Join
J. Kaye Book Blog
in this weekly event.

Books I completed this week are:

Burn by Linda Howard
When Jenner Redwine wins the lottery, she never imagined how much it would cost her. Luckily she finds an ally-and a guide to the rarefied realm of privilege in a shy, kind-hearted heiress who invites Jenner on a charity cruise. But what should have been a "Love Boat" cruise suddenly turns into a game of dizzying intrigue and harrowing danger, and Jenner finds herself taken hostage by a menacing stranger--a stranger that helps her rediscover feelings she hasn't had in years. Now if she can only survive to live a life worth living ....

Rating 4 out of 5


The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father--a former concert pianist and teacher--moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father ... until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. An unforgettable story of love on many levels.
Rating 4.5 out of 5

Books I am currently reading/listening to:

Listening to...

Narrated by Johanna Parker (awesome narrator)
Living Dead in Dallas, Sookie Stackhouse, Trueblood series #2

I am reading, the second in the House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin.
The Betrayed
After settling in at the House of Night and becoming more comfortable with her vast powers, fledgling vampire Zoey Redbird faces a horrible crisis as human teenagers are becoming victims of a wave of murders and the House of Night becomes the prime suspect.

A couple of years ago you couldn't talk me to reading books about vampires but
every since I tried the Twilight Series it has me hooked. It's not all I read though...


Books I haven't started yet, but will are:

Love in bloom
by Sheila Roberts is a book I want to get to soon



also A year on Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball


Tired of always dreaming and never doing, Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget buy a run-down mansion, nestled in the picturesque Shenandoah Valley. Over the course of a year, they ultimately learn that sometimes the best things can happen when everything goes wrong.



What book did you enjoy this week?

5 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Looks like you read a couple of good books last week! I see you've listed Love In Bloom to read soon. I read it a few months ago and enjoyed it - loved the message. I'm a Sheila Roberts fan : )

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read The Last Song!

Marie said...

I love Sookie! :-)

And Love in Bloom was very good -- I really enjoyed it and found the characters charming.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have not read any Sookie Stackhouse books yet. I think I am the only one in the world who hasn't. I love Nicholas Sparks. I never get tired of his books. I am putting Love In Bloom on my wishlist. Sometimes you need a good feel good story!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you stopped by our blog! We love to read and are always looking for new book ideas. I'm reading....Her Fearful Symmetry by Audry Niffenegger. She wrote Time Traveler's Wife, which is one of my favorite books. I have high hopes for this new one. Denise@Cottagesisters