Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30th, Book Blogger Hop!

Book Blogger Hop

I love to follow along with this friday Meme called Book Blogger Hop that
Jennifer at Crazy for Books started. I have met tons of fun book bloggers this way and really added to my TBR list. The question this week is..



“In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?”





I would have to say that my favorite banned or challenged book for Banned Books week would be the Twilight Series. I really enjoyed most of the books in this series
and not only were they fast reads but they got tons of people hooked on reading
again much like the Harry Potter series did for kids and adults alike.

5 comments:

Beth D. said...

I didn't think of them, but I guess that makes sense. I always think the ban, or people that get irate about YA is silly when books like this got so many teens reading.

Old Follower
Beth ^_^
http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Nice pick. Thank you for stopping by. So many great challenged/banned books.

Jac (Two Moms Reading) said...

Everytime I think about Twilight and Harry Potter being banned I just roll my eyes. I mean, SERIOUSLY!!! Why don't we just ban imagination - since that's what these books are all about. *eye roll*

Jen said...

I thought the Twilight books were okay -- but I agree with what you said about those books, and Harry Potter, getting a lot of people reading.

Yes - definitely very cool. I loved seeing adults on the train reading Harry Potter or Twilight!

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I like how Jac said...why don't we ban imagination. I agree that the Twilight series shouldn't be banned.