Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Novemeber 2nd, Wow Pick!



Joining Jill at Breaking the Spine for her weekly Wednesday Meme.
This week I was reading reviews and found this new YA book series that is
coming out in February and it looks very good. Here is the info on it...
Born Wicked: The Cahill Witch Chronicles, Book One



Book Description
Series: The Cahill Witch Chronicles | Publication Date: February 7, 2012
A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare in this spellbinding fantasy

Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they're witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship - or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word . . . especially after she finds her mother's diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family's destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren't safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood - not even from each other.

6 comments:

Giselle said...

Awesome pick! I'm excited for Born Wicked as well!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Anonymous said...

This looks so amazing!

My WoW

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

I have had my eye on this one for a few weeks. I love the cover it is beautiful. I like the premise of the story too! GREAT PICK!! thanks for sharing

My WoW

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

I'm looking forward to this one, too!! Awesome pick!! :D

Jess @ Gone with the Words :) (Waiting on Wednesday!)

Unknown said...

Great pick! I read an excerpt of this one and from what I read I know it's going to be great! Thanks for stopping by!

TheBookGirl said...

This looks interesting -- I hope you enjoy it and the rest of the series :)