Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4th Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad.


Joining in on the fun at Smiling Sally's Blue Monday Meme

Mom and Dad celebrated 62 years of marriage on May 2nd.
As some of you know my Dad was sent home in January under
hospice care from the hospital. He has had congestive heart failure
for over 10 years and many other medical problems but
just keeps going. He is definitely my hero and a very strong man.
He takes what ever life has in store for him in good stride.
My Mom has been a pillar of strength for him too.
She is always there to take care of her hubby.
This is his favorite red, white and blue jacket.
The poor guy is always cold. He was in the Coast Guard
for about three years and loves to talk about where he traveled
and also collects model trains. My Mom loves to read and watch Wheel of
Fortune.  She also loves chatting on the phone with her girl friends!
I love them both very much!





5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Hi Joy,

What a delightful moment in time you've captured with this picture and post! Your mom and dad are similar to Johnny and me. We've been married 56 years and I have CHF. Your folks look happy and in love.

Thanks for playing today.

Have a Beautiful Blue Monday!

LV said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad's problems, but I do understand. My husband passed away from CHF. Men do not handle these type situations as well as women. It is not easy on the care takers.

Ann said...

They look like such a neat couple--upholding each other for years.
Ann

Melinda said...

Congratulations to your parents!
What a milestone.
The picture of the two of them is
priceless.

M :)

Jeanne said...

Hi Joy, Congratulations to your parents on their 62nd anniversary. How wonderful for them. I loved the photos you shared as well. You sure can see the love in their smiles. You are blessed to have them all these years. I pray that your dad does not suffer too much. My mom had the same illness and I understand the discomfort it can cause.

Have a happy week.
Hugs, Jeanne